Careers at OncoMed
OncoMed, a pioneer and leader in the development of novel cancer therapies directed toward tumor initiating cells, also known as “cancer stem cells”, fosters a culture of innovation as the company strives to provide significant alternatives for the treatment of cancer.
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, our employees bring a passionate dedication to the advancement of novel treatments for patients with cancer.
Quality Control Associate (temporary)
OncoMed Pharmaceuticals is looking for a Quality Associate (temporary) to assist in documentation, data compilation and analysis in
Quality Control. This is a part-time position of about 20 hours a week reporting to QC Manager.
- Data entry of CMO test results into database programs and analyze test results
- Perform data verification
- Summarize, track and maintain test results for reports and presentations
- Assist in preparing, revising and updating GMP documentations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in chemistry, life sciences, or other related degree concentration
- Good technical writing skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to accurately follow instructions, work independently and as part of a team, be adaptable, and have a positive attitude
- Knowledge of cGMPs and regulatory requirements pertaining to biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries is desirable
Associate Director of Clinical Operations
Responsible for the planning, implementation and conduct of clinical trials in a fast paced Biotechnology
environment. Provide leadership with regards to the overall strategic planning and successful implementation
of multiple clinical development programs. Accountable for the internal and external work product for
clinical operations, data management, biostatistics, regulatory and pharmacovigilance to ensure program
milestones are met.
Responsible for clinical operations functional activities related to the execution of clinical studies based
upon department and corporate goals and objectives as well as the management of study timelines and budgets.
Oversee the tactical implementation of the clinical development plan for all assigned clinical programs by
managing the site contracts, budget, timelines, CRO resources, enrollment, and site activities. Develop and
execute a strategy to ensure that all assigned clinical study operations activities are conducted efficiently,
meet enrollment goals, and are in compliance with all applicable regulations and company policies and
procedures. Oversee the data collection activities for all assigned clinical programs. Provide input on
CRF design and ensure quality data is monitored and available to support annual reports, investigator
brochures, regulatory filings, and safety summaries. Participate in the evaluation, selection and management
of CROs, contractors, and vendors. Manage overall clinical trial budget and timelines for all assigned
clinical programs. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal team and external
partners. Identify issues that may impact the overall project plans and initiate contingency plans, as
appropriate. Provide positive, professional leadership as the Clinical Operations representative for OncoMed
- Proven knowledge of the drug development process, Good Clinical Practices and FDA regulatory requirements.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with conducting early Phase oncology clinical trials
- Experience with management of multiple services for multinational clinical trials
- CRA site monitoring and CRO management experience
- Experience with clinical database build and eCRF design
- Ability to independently solve problems related to CRO and site management activities
- Candidate must have a min. BS/BA degree and at least six to eight (6 - 8) years clinical operations/development experience
- Reports to Sr. Director, Clinical Operations
Senior Research Associate - Cancer Biology
OncoMed is seeking a motivated Senior Research Associate with extensive experience in mouse models of cancer to join the Cancer Biology
group. The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative effort to develop OncoMed’s novel anti-cancer stem cell and
immunotherapeutic agents, with particular emphasis on elucidating drug mechanism of action and prospective biomarkers.
- MS in Biology with a minimum of 3 years work experience or BS with a minimum of 5 years work experience in cancer biology or immuno-oncology
- Extensive hands-on experience with preclinical tumor models, preferably both patient-derived xenograft and immunocompetent mouse cancer models
- Experience with FACS
- Experience with standard cell culture, molecular biology and protein biochemistry techniques
- Strong motivation, creativity, independence, and ability to work in a dynamic collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in ex vivo functional immunological assays
Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting
OncoMed is seeking a high-performing, business professional to join its Finance organization. The position reports to the Sr. Director, Finance
and will be a key force in driving OncoMed to the next level in SOX compliance, SEC reporting, technical accounting, equity accounting / stock
administration, and tax. This individual must be a highly motivated, self-starter with strong technical accounting and analytical skills. The
successful candidate will be hands-on, proactive, and driven by tackling challenging problems and delivering meaningful, yet practical, solutions.
- Manage annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, including fieldwork, audit interactions and PBC preparations
- Serve as subject matter expert on US GAAP and SEC regulations. Research new accounting standards and technical accounting issues. Prepare white papers and technical accounting memos summarizing technical accounting issues and application of accounting guidance to the Company
- Prepare and assist in management of SEC reporting requirements. Responsible for consolidated financial statements, footnotes, and MD&A for Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and proxy as well as financial information related to the quarterly press releases, including all relevant supporting schedules
- Manage the SOX compliance program and coordinate with finance team and external SOX service provider for phased implementation of SOX 404 requirements
- Thought leader and process owner of equity accounting and stock administration
- Interact with external tax advisors to address the Company’s tax needs, including reviewing the annual tax provision, overseeing the preparation of the annual tax filings, and addressing other tax-related requirements and issues, e.g. Section 382 study, R&D Tax Credit study, etc
- Own key aspects of month-end financial close and financial reporting. Assist in day-to-day technical financial accounting activities
- Participate in special finance and systems projects
- BS/BA in Business/Accounting (or related field), CPA required
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills required
- 5 to 7 years of public accounting experience (Big Four experience preferred); additional experience in life science industry desirable
- Problem solver, action-oriented, and process improvement-minded
- Self-starter, adaptable and collaborative team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Clinical Scientist or Senior Clinical Scientist, Oncology
OncoMed is a clinical-stage company focused on discovering and developing novel therapeutics targeting cancer stem
cells (CSCs). OncoMed has six anti-cancer product candidates in clinical development, including demcizumab (Anti-DLL4,
OMP-21M18), OMP-305B83 (bispecific for Anti-DLL4 and Anti-VEGF), tarextumab (Anti-Notch2/3, OMP-59R5),
OMP-52M51 (Anti-Notch1), vantictumab (Anti-FZD7, OMP-18R5), and ipafricept (OMP-54F28; Fzd8-Fc), that target key cancer
stem cell signaling pathways including Notch and Wnt. OncoMed has additional antibodies and small molecules in preclinical
development with Investigational New Drug filings planned as early as 2015 (including an anti-RSPO3 antibody IND filing
in the first half of 2015). OncoMed is also pursuing discovery of additional novel anti-CSC and Immuno-Oncology product
OncoMed is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to join the expanding and dynamic Clinical Development team.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in biotechnology and a proven track record in the clinical development
of Oncology drug candidates. The (Senior) Clinical Scientist will be involved in one or more clinical programs from
first-in-human to proof-of-concept studies. Additionally, OncoMed has the ability to take drug candidates through
registration and commercialization, making future Phase 3 and 4 development another potential activity. The (Senior)
Clinical Scientist will collaborate closely with the Medical Director(s) of the clinical program(s), the Translational
Research and Biomarker groups, as well as Clinical Operations, Biostatistics and Regulatory groups and be involved in the
science-driven design, implementation, monitoring, analysis and reporting of clinical studies. Opportunities to contribute
and present to investigator meetings and advisory boards, as well as contributing to publication plans, will also be
available to the (Senior) Clinical Scientist.
- Closely collaborate with Medical Directors and other clinical team members to implement and analyze science-driven clinical studies
- Closely interact with the Translational Research and Biomarker groups to implement and analyze biomarker strategies for science-driven clinical studies
- Contribute to the design, execution and completion of Phase 1a, Phase 1b and/or Phase 2 trials, as well as future Phase 3 and 4 trials
- Monitor data from ongoing clinical studies with strong emphasis on safety
- Perform data analysis of clinical trials, report results and write clinical study reports
- Contribute to the authoring and review of regulatory documents (Annual Report, Investigator Brochure, responses to information requests, etc.)
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with clinical investigators and CRO staff
- Contribute to the selection and oversight of CROs
- As needed for the stage of the clinical program, travel to study sites, CRO partners, medical meetings, advisory boards, etc.
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences (PhD or equivalent)
- Minimum of 4 years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience, minimum of 2 years of related clinical drug development experience
- Experience in Oncology preferred
- Ability to evaluate, interpret and present complex scientific data
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements (GCP and ICH guidelines)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clinical collaborators
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with standard Office software packages (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
If you’re interested in working on cutting edge immunotherapy drug discovery, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and wish to
contribute to the creation of new therapeutics that help patients, then OncoMed Pharmaceuticals is the place for you. The RA/SRA
in this position will be a key contributor for in vivo evaluation of anti-cancer drug candidates in our ImmunOncology group and
will be involved in the discovery and testing of novel therapeutic agents.
We are looking for someone with a B.S./M.S. in cellular biology or pharmacology, and several years of experience in the area of
in vivo evaluation of anti-cancer drug candidates.
You’ll need to possess hands-on experience with mouse models of cancer, including xenograft and syngeneic models; and solid
technical proficiency in animal handling and the dosing of mice. Preferably, we are looking for a candidate with some immunology
experience and the use of flow cytometry. Familiarity with functional immunological assays including ELISPOT, T and NK cell
Cytotoxicity, Treg/MDSC suppression assays is a plus. You should be excellent at sterile cell culture techniques.
You’ll need to be both an effective team player and a strong individual contributor, flexible, able to handle multiple tasks,
and eager to develop new techniques.
Contract SAS Programmer
OncoMed Pharmaceuticals is a development-stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving cancer treatment by discovering and
developing monoclonal antibodies and other agents that target the biologic pathways critical to tumor initiating cells, also
known as "cancer stem cells". We are leveraging our understanding of these tumor initiating cells to discover and develop novel
therapeutics that could provide important alternatives for the treatment of cancer.
This position involves programming analysis data sets, tables, listings and graphs using SAS to support the ongoing Phase 1 and 2
clinical trial activities for several molecules as well as programming to verify the accuracy of table outputs received from CROs
or generated in house. Some statistical training is desirable but not required. Experience in creating graphs using SAS graph and R
is desirable . This position is a half time contract position.
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline
- Strong Working knowledge of SAS
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical trial programming experience with SAS in the biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry
- Self motivated, able to work independently, team player