Careers at OncoMed
OncoMed, a pioneer and leader in the development of novel cancer therapies directed toward
immuno-oncology targets, fosters a culture of innovation as the company strives to provide
significant alternatives for the treatment of cancer.
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, our employees bring a passionate dedication to the advancement of novel
treatments for patients with cancer.
SEC Accounting Manager
OncoMed is seeking a dynamic and high-energy SEC Accounting Manager. The best candidate for this full time position
has a high sense of urgency, time management skills, and displays exceptional customer service to all colleagues.
This candidate’s primary responsibilities are to support external audit, technical accounting, set-up and maintenance
of accounting policies, stock administration, SOX compliance and operating the accounting system. The Accounting
Manager assists with the preparation of SEC filings, including the financial statements and various MD&A and
footnote schedules, as well as XBRL review and tie-out of financial information related to 10-Q and 10-K filings.
This is a highly visible role with exposure to all functional departments. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented,
self-motivated, and a team player with a very strong working knowledge of system processes, internal controls,
GAAP and SOX regulations. The candidate should be comfortable working collaboratively in teams and independently,
can handle multiple projects at once, and excels when faced with new challenges and problems to solve.
The position reports to the SEC Reporting Director, and is located in Redwood City, CA.
- Directly responsible for preparing and maintaining supporting documentation for all
areas of external reporting, including preparation of schedules to support footnote
and MD&A disclosures, cash flow statement and statement of stockholders' equity, and EPS
- Responsible for stock administration and recordkeeping, including stock option grants, vestings,
exercises, RSU releases and 10b(5)-1 plans.
- Monitor significant corporate events, including significant contracts, and ensure proper and timely disclosure.
Perform contract reviews as necessary, documenting all accounting issues and the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Supports the requirements of the annual audit and quarterly reviews through preparation of audit schedules and other
support to external auditors.
- Assists with the preparation of SEC filings, including 10-Q/10-K/8-K drafting and preparation of supporting schedules and
- Develops, maintains and ensures ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures and SOX 404 internal control
documentation. Participates in ongoing policy and control environment development and testing.
- Provides/assists technical accounting guidance to the Company including drafting or reviewing technical accounting memos.
- Prepares schedules requested by external tax advisors for corporate income tax returns and tax provision calculations.
- Provides support to all other teams across the company as needs arise, including special projects, system improvements or
ad-hoc financial analyses as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA required; Big 4 audit experience, biotech industry, public company experience preferred
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Strong team work, collaboration, flexibility and pro-activeness
- Good energy, enthusiastic, goal driven
- A "Roll-up the sleeves" approach in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Emotional maturity and ability to effectively facilitate change in an environment where the structure may evolve rapidly
- Experience preparing 10-Q/10-K in Active disclosure/similar platform preferred
- Experience with accounting software, such as EEO and Great Plains (MS Dynamics GP) preferred
- Experience operating within a Sarbanes-Oxley control environment
- Well-developed problem solving skills combined with experience working with outside consultants in a positive and collaborative fashion
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Fast learner with the ability to deal with technical and business issues with equal skill and able to deal with many ambiguities inherent in
an emerging pharmaceutical company without becoming rigid or mechanical
- Possesses a sense of urgency; identifies challenges and problems and takes the initiative to identify solutions
Please click here to submit CV/Resume (email to OMED-job-1820018@OncoMed.com) indicating the
position title you are applying for.